Click this messge to hide it.
- These play centres conform to European health, environmental and safety regulations for domestic use including CE Safety Certification and compliance with BS5665 EN71.
- Maximum 5 children at the same time
- Maximum weight 50kg per child
- Pressure treated deal throughout (lifetime preservative treatment)
- Scandinavian redwood or whitewood
- Smooth planed timber with rounded edges throughout for enhanced safety
- 2.2m long slide in rigid self supporting injection moulded HDPE
- Slide is easily converted into a water feature with a standard garden hose
- Moulded handle grips with galvanized fixings and plastic covers
- Plastic cover caps for main fixings
- Base anchors included, pre-drilled galvanized steel corner pegs, supplied complete with fixings
- Climbing ramp with pull-up rope
- Substantial timber ladder with tubular steel rungs powder coated in different colours
- Vertical safety rails with substantial handrails
- Ex 3"x3" vertical support posts (finished size 70mm x 70mm)
- Ex 2.5"x1.5" floor joists (finished size 58mm x 32mm)
- Ex 2.5"x1.5" hand rails (finished size 58mm x 32mm)
- Ex 2.5"x1.5" horizontal framing (finished size 58mm x 32mm)
- Ex 2.5"x1.5" ladder uprights (finished size 58mm x 32mm)
- Ex 4"x3/4" horizontal braces and cover trims (finished size 90mm x 16mm)
- Ex 4"x3/4" vertical safety rails (finished size 90mm x 16mm)
- Ex 4"x3/4" floor boards (finished size 90mm x 16mm)
- Ex 4"x3/4" climbing wall boards (finished size 90mm x 16mm)
- Recommended clearance around the structure 6'7" (2000mm)
- Overall width including ramp 6'3" (1900mm)
- Overall depth including slide and ladder 9'6" (2900mm)
- Platform size 2'5" (730mm) x 2'4" (700mm)
- Platform height 4'2" (1260mm)
- External height 6'11" (2100mm)
- Overall weight 88kg
- Engineered timber supplied as individual components, not prefabricated panels
- All components are cut to size. No cutting is required during assembly.
- All critical holes, for example in the framing, are pre-drilled in the factory for safety and convenience
- Boards are not pre-drilled - boards can be fitted without drilling holes using a powered screwdriver.
- Screwdriver bits and drill bits included
SCANDINAVIAN REDWOOD OR WHITEWOOD: The most widely used timber in the UK for years, Scandinavian Redwood and Whitewood grow in the well managed forests of Scandinavia and the coldest parts of Northern Europe. The cold climate ensures slow growth. The growth rings are much closer together than faster growing trees from warmer climates. As a result the timber is heavy and durable with a close grain pattern. The wood is seasoned and kiln dried to achieve the correct moisture content before it is machined. Redwood and Whitewood are so similar in appearance and performance that it is difficult to tell the difference. Both are classified as slightly durable and treatment is required for outside use. The forests of Scandinavia and Northern Europe have been responsibly managed on a sustainable basis for centuries so Scandinavian Redwood or Whitewood is an enviromentally friendly choice.
ENGINEERED TIMBER - THE BENEFITS This premium play equipment is offered at a fraction of the cost of comparable fully installed systems. The high quality kit is a modern engineered timber product, which has more in common with a precision engineered metal kit than a conventional timber garden structure. The manufacturing is more sophisticated and precise with better quality components. Precisely machined and pre-drilled where required, the individual components are neatly packed for efficient delivery with no large, cumbersome and fragile prefabricated panels. A powered screwdriver is recommended. Detailed step by step instructions show where every component and every fixing is used. All components are precisely cut to size. All critical holes are pre-drilled in the factory for safety and convenience. Fitting is a simple and straightforward project for a DIY enthiusist with no significant challenges and the finished structure will be universally admired.
SAFETY FIRST: This wooden play centre is as safe as practically possible and strong enough to withstand normal play. Screws and nails are recessed into the wood with no points or sharp edges protruding. The platform is strong enough to support the weight of several children. The ladder width and rung spacing ensures safe and comfortable use. The safety balustrade is strong enough to withstand children falling against it with gaps narrow enough to prevent a child falling through. This play centre is for domestic use and suitable for children aged 3 to 10 years and weighing less than 50kg. It is not suitable for children under 3 years old due to possible health and safety hazards. Adult supervision is required at all times.
PRESSURE TREATED TIMBER: Pressure treatment is a lifetime preservative treatment. The preservative is forced deep into the timber under pressure in a vacuum and penetrates below the surface. All other treatments apply a coat of stain to the surface of the timber only. With pressure impregnated timber, the chemicals are permanently bonded to the cell structure of the wood at a molecular level. Tanalith E is a widely used water based version so pressure treated wood is often described as tanalised. Pressure treated wood is almost colourless except for a slight green tint caused by the copper content in the preservative. No further preservative treatment is ever needed. However, if you want a coloured finish you can paint over pressure treated or tanalised wood with normal wood preservative in any colour.
SIZES - LENGTH AND WIDTH: The sizes listed alongside the price are the overall external play centre dimensions including all features such as slides and ladders. The dimensions are measured as a rectangle across the widest points. A safe area should be allowed around the play centre, especially in front of ladders and slides and on both sides of swings and climbing frames.